The Difference is NHS Borders official charity. It supports patients in the Borders by providing 'added extras' that are over and above that which is provided by the NHS.
The difference exists to enhance patient care in the Scottish Borders. We work in close partnership with healthcare professionals across the full spectrum of hospital and community activity to identify projects that will help local doctors, nurses and other clinicians enhance the care which they provide.
‘the difference’ is the official known as name for ‘Borders Health Board Endowment Funds’. There is a fund for each of the wards, hospitals, services and many departments across NHS Borders. We are registered with OSCR under the registered charity number SC008225.
You may be interested to view our Fundraising Guarantee.
What We've Achieved
Here are some of the ways that your donations have made the difference for patients in the Borders.
- Specialist equipment for the Special Care Baby Unit
- Toys, games and DVDs for the Children's Ward
- Music therapy equipment - we were able to apply for a grant to provide new equipment for our music therapist
- Exercise equipment for dialysis patients
- Tea, coffee and hot chocolate for patients and relatives in the Margaret Kerr Unit and Macmillan Cancer Centre
- Playlist for Life - donations have purchased iPods for people with dementia in Melburn Lodge
- Specialist equipment for the Maternity Unit
Check out our past projects page for more information on some of the bigger appeals!